In case your level leaders struggle with choosing the correct invoice issuer for courses they create from My Page, now you’re able to set up a connection between a level and an issuer to solve this. Having this functionality set up, once the level leader will create a new course on My Page, the invoice issuer will be automatically chosen once the level for the course is chosen. If the connection is not set up, course leaders are still able to choose the invoice issuer from the list of all issuers created in your organization.
The connection is not shown in the interface, so let us know if you’re interested. Upon your request, we’ll set up a connection from our side, and all new levels you’d create will automatically have an issuer connected. The connection will be decided by the following logic:
- We set up a default invoice issuer for the organization. It is used once you create a new “mother” level.
- If you create a nested level, the issuer will be the same as for the “mother” level.
A year of the course is added to its description. Now a person is able to differentiate courses over the years.
A new ability is added to the course certificate functionality of Choo i Skyen. Now it’s possible to add custom short text to the course certificate issued once a participant finishes up the course/activity. The text should not be long – it’s limited by the number of symbols. Once you fill it in, the system will use it in the certificate pdf. Functionality is available both for course leaders on My Page, and Super Admins in Back Office.
How to use:
- Go to the course/activity page, and turn on the setting “Generate course certificate”.
- Put in the text to the text box that is shown, and save changes.
- Once you change the status of the course participant to “Finished”, the system will generate the course certificate pdf that will include the text you’ve just filled in.
A new premium feature is released – now course leaders and Super Admins are able to have more flexibility in defining who from the course participants should be able to see the attachments added to the course. This update includes the following:
- An ability to add course attachments that should be shown to course participants with “Approved” status.
- An ability to share course documents with people who have finished the course (course participants with “Finished” status).
How to use once the feature is turned on:
- Go to the course description page/step, either on My Page or inside Back-Office.
- Upload a new document, and choose the type of the document near by. You may choose from the following options: “For all” (then it’ll be working in the same way as today – the document will be publicly available for all people), “For approved participants”, “For finished participants”, “For approved and finished participants”.
Each ability may be turned on separately. Talk to us to get more information.
When a member changes his/her address on ‘Min side’, sometimes he/she also wants to become a member of a new local/county team. In this case, the person needs to ask one of the admins to do this update on behalf of him/her. Thus, we have added a reminder with a short instruction that is displayed once a member changes and saves a new address on ‘Min side’.
This is on/off feature. In case you’d like to have this functionality to be turned on for you, please inform our support.
Now people having read or write access to a level are able to print out labels for all people inside the team. All together with this change, the ID of a member has been removed from a label card.
We’re releasing an ability to add custom fields for courses of your association. This feature gives you the ability to put extra fields if you feel something is missing in our core fields for courses.
The list of supported field types is the following:
- Text field (small)
- Text area (big text field)
- File uploading
By default, this feature is turned off, and you may request it separately. After the request sent to us, we’ll define the list of fields you’d like to add. These fields will be available for all Super Admins and course leaders in accordance with their regular rights, and will not be shown for course participants.
How to use:
- Request a feature, and we’ll set up a list of fields for your organization separately.
- We’ll turn on these fields for you.
- Back-Office Admins will be able to see and edit all the fields from the course card inside the Back-Office course card, settings tab.
- Course leaders will be able to just see (Course Contributors) or see and edit (Course Editors, Admins, Super Admins) all fields on the course card, settings tab.
You can add a field with this type to the member contact card on back-end and/or My page. A user can upload a file up to 8Mb size.
A Course Administrator now is able to manage participants’ status, using the same logic and limitations as in Back Office. A Course Administrator can change course participant status using a dropdown with statuses instead of 6 separate buttons as it is in Back-Office.
Also, if a Course Admin is trying to change the status of several participants, but some of them already have it, then system shows up a notification that the status will be changed only for some of the participants.
A Course Administrator can now set up and manage the course registration form with the same functions as in Back-Office.
Associated questions have the next managing options: hiding of questions, headings, the number of participants who have chosen each radio option, drag’n’drop of questions. Once optional products will be added, a Course Admin will also be able to use them on radio question options.
One of the new goals for Choo i Skyen is to provide you and your level leaders (e.g, local team leaders, group leaders, etc) with the ability to overview the statistics of members’ development inside the level. The full version of the dashboard will be released in a few iterations, and this month we’re presenting the first part of it.
The first version of the Dashboard gives your level leaders (Level Admins, Super Admins, Editors, and Contributors) the following functionality:
- Ability to switch between different levels (e.g, if a leader is assigned to a few local teams, he/she can switch between them);
- Ability to see the number of active members (people having at least one subscription with the type “Membership”);
- Ability to see the number of paying members for the last period (people having all membership invoices with “Paid” or “Overpaid” status in the last period).
In the future releases next year we’re going to extend this functionality even more.
Dashboard functionality may be turned on for your account by sending a separate request to us. You can decide if you’d like to have this functionality for all your level types, or just a few of them (e.g, it’s possible to turn it on for local teams, but switch it off for groups). Please note this is a premium feature.
As a level leader or administrator needs to follow up on the payments in the local/county team or inside the organization, a new column “Is the last membership paid?” was added to the member list both on My Page and Back-Office. This field contains one of 2 options: “Yes” (for Paid/Overpaid invoices) or “No” (for all other invoice statuses). A new field was also added to the filter block, and to the member card.
How it works: The system checks all the member active membership subscriptions and finds the invoice for the current period (or the previous period if there wasn’t still any invoice issued for the current one). The period is got depends on the subscription period length (1, 3, 6 or 12 months), so, it could be different for different subscriptions. Then it shows the “Yes” option only if the invoice for all the subscriptions has the “Paid” or “Overpaid” status (Credited invoices aren’t counted).
A level leader is able to see if the person has been paid during the last 3 periods. The system shows more detailed statistics about payments in the “Last contingent” block. New fields with detailed information about the subscriptions were added:
Payment data is generated on the basis of all active membership subscriptions for a particular member, then the invoice status is checked.
If all the invoices for a certain period are paid, a confirmation is added in the field “Is the Membership paid?”, if at least one of the invoices is unpaid, it is displayed “No”. Information about the payment data is displayed in the “Additional Information” field for each period as well.
If there wasn’t an invoice for the current period then the previous period is used as the current one. Also, if there wasn’t an invoice for a period then “No invoice” message is shown instead of the payment data for the subscription.
New functionality was added – member interests.
Administrator can add interests united into interest groups, selecting for each interest if it should be shown / editable for members on My page. Member can specify own interests on My page or during the registration process.
A very new opportunity was added to the system – now administrators and level leaders can tag people using the list of labels, set up for each association. Labels are set up by an administrator in the Back-Office Settings. The same list for all the levels of the organization.
Also, a filter per labels was added to Back-Office and My Page and it is developed now as autocomplete.
One more new feature was added – each organization could select if they want to show contact information about the level leaders for the members of the level. During the onboarding process, a product team can define a set of level types and positions for an organization to be shown in a new block on My Page (to show all people with defined positions within defined level types, with a particular order: e.g. all positions of county team – leaders, secretaries, and then all positions of local team – leaders, secretaries).
One block is typical:
After the new update launched, Super Admins in Back-Office and course responsible on My Page will be able to generate/regenerate the course automatic invoice manually once needed. For that, a new button is added to the participants’ list – “Generate invoice”.
How to use:
- Go to the course card, and open the list of participants
- Choose one or few participants having “Approved” status
- Click on the “Generate invoice” button
- The system will show up a confirmation message asking if you’re sure and if you want the invoice to be sent out via Multikanal
Limitation: course automatical invoice may be issued manually only for course participants having “Approved” status.
To make sure the accountant information is correct in all published courses/activities in your association, new functionality is released. Now you can set up the list of emails for people who should be notified once the new course/activity is published. Also, a new email template is added for this purpose. The full functionality includes the following:
- Go to Back-Office Settings, and open a new setting – list of email addresses who should be notified once the course is published
- Go to Back-Office Settings – Course emails, and find the new template inside – “Published courses notification”, and change the text to be suitable for your association
- Once everything is set up, emails from the list will be notified each time a new course/activity is published, both from the Back-Office and My Page
- Responsible people should have Super Admin/Course Super Admin access to be able to login to Choo and check if the accountant information published on the course is correct
A small adjustment is added to the course setup for offline courses. Now for all courses created from the Back-Office and from My Page, it will be possible to set up just one time per each date – either “from” or “to” (before the update both “from” and “to” time was required). It is still possible to set up a course date with both “from” and “to” time as well.
Now when you create a video streaming course, the system will not require you to fill in the course address and place. These fields may be empty for online courses but are still mandatory for offline courses.
Now your course leaders (Super Admins, Admins, Editors, Contributors) are able to see two additional columns on the list of courses available for them on their My Page. These columns are the following:
- Number of people registered for the course (including all participants with any status except Cancelled) / Number of approved participants (participants having status Approved or Finished)
- Number of places available for the current course (if applicable)
In the current release, we’re launching an ability for setting up a separate sender email for each course separately. It means you can decide which email will be used as “from” email for all automatic system notifications connected to the course (e.g, email about participant status changing, etc). Previously, the system always used the email defined as “email for outgoing system notifications” defined in the onboarding form.
How to use:
- Open the course card in the Back-Office or on My Page.
- Go to the “Activity” tab/step.
- Find a new field “Activity sender email”.
- By default, the system shows standard email for outgoing system notifications for your organization. You can change the email (just the main part, without the ability to change the email domain).
On My Page, this field is available for Course Super Admins, Admins, and Editors for viewing and updating, and Contributors are able to read only the new field.
New columns are added to the Participants report available both in the Back-Office and on My Page for course leaders. The additional columns are the following:
- All extra fields for members available for your organization
- Address fields (Address line 1 and 2, Postcode, etc)
Planning an overall meeting for all members of a local team? Use our new option – publishing activity/event without a registration to invite everybody to join in.
How-to: go to BackOffice – Activities (Aktiviteter) – and check ‘Aktivtet uten behov for påmelding’ on course settings (Instillinger) while creating a new course. The course will be published without asking persons to register.
Delegate a possibility of setting up the course fee to your local leaders using a new possibility of Choo i Skyen – adding prices for main products through Min Side. This feature shall be configured through the request to the development team.
How to use: your local leaders now are able not just to create a course, but also to create a fee for local courses participation. They need to go to Min Side – Admin Activitet – one-course page – Producter. All the products will be created using the default account, account place, project number set up by the dev team.
Not using this feature? No problems, it is not added automatically. For all customers who haven’t requested the change, this feature will be locked.
Previously, it was impossible to direct users to the necessary page after registering for the course successfully. A new setting for the course has been added to the back-office. An administrator can set the URL of the page that will open to the user after registration for the course is completed. This will allow an Administrator to direct people to the pages that will bring maximum benefit (e.g. tracking the success and not completed registrations).
Now the structure of PDF invoices has become more convenient. The information about the invoice issuer is placed now under the company logo on the right. Also, the currency was added to the payment column to avoid misunderstandings in the payment of the invoice.
An administrator in the CiS system is able to organize different accounts, account places, and MVA categories into сourse product category to use it later. This set of parameters is connected to the invoice issuer. Course Administrators can manage сourse product categories for all product lines from My Page as well.
An administrator manages a list of сourse product categories in Settings. He can’t delete the course category, but the admin is able to set the “Inactive” status. Inactive status means that this category will not be shown for all new courses created after status changed, so it does not affect all existing courses.
NB: By default, the project number is set as “Not defined” for all course products. If “Not defined” category is selected then it can’t be edited from My Page.
In case no course product category is set up for association, the system should work as today.
A new feature has been added – now a course administrator also has an opportunity to set up discounts for obligatory and optional products from My Page.
Also, there is a new approach to set up the value of the coupon. Previously, the next validation rule was applied: you can’t set a discount bigger than the smallest price of the product, taking into account “Early bird” special prices. Now coupons can be set up with any value, and the system will calculate the correct price when the coupon is applied. This feature partially solves the problem of a 100% coupon.
Now there is new functionality for Course Administrator that allows adding optional products to the course from My Page. Course Administrator has quite the same rights for adding the optional products as for the mandatory ones: adding the name of the product, price and product category. Moreover, Course Administrator сan link them to the course questions.
Special prices for the mandatory course products could be set up by Course Administrator from My Page. Special prices have the same managing option for Course Administrator as for Administrator in the back-office: name of the period, Start and End dates, price value.
Course Administrator has all the necessary managing rights for adding, deleting, editing the special prices from My Page.
After the Sprint 2 release, you and your course admins will be able to set up a sender email for a separate course. The system will send out all course notifications from this email. Since we need to verify the sender domain for each association in order to be able to send emails from the domain, there is a limitation. Admins and course responsibles will be able to edit the first part of the email, while the domain is the same for all admins and responsibles of the association.
How to find:
- Open the course card or wizard on the “Activity” step/tab, either in the Back-Office, or on My Page.
- Go to the “General information”/”Generell informasjon” block, and find a new field there – “Activity sender email”. By default, the field should contain the verified sender email for the organization, but you can change the first part of the email.
A Course Administrator gets an opportunity to add a person from the observers’ list using the autocomplete field. It is possible to search for a person on the list by name. To prevent errors the personal email and mobile number will be shown during searching.
Regarding the managing options for a Course Administrator, only one person could be added to a course at once and new participants will be always added with “Waiting for approval” status as in the back-office. A Course Administrator can also remove any number of participants from the course at once.
A certificate about course participation could now be generated and sent to the course participant. Administrator and/or Course Administrator can choose whether to send a certificate via e-mail during changing the participant status to “Attended”.
Additionally, there is a button “Send certificate” on a course: an Administrator and/or Course Administrator is able to pick participants having “Attended” status and send them out an email with a certificate at any time. So, a new email template was added in the back-office Settings.
Also, course participant having “Attended” status is able to download the course certificate as PDF from the course page on My Page at any time.
The template for the course certificate could be customized for each organization. The default view is as on the following screenshot.
In this release, we’re launching a big update in activity settings related to invoicing to make this part more flexible and customer friendly. The upcoming updates should make the course invoicing process easier and it should fit most business needs.
With the update, Admins and course responsibles are able to decide the following:
- How to approve a course participant
- Manually – in this case, “Automatic approval” setting should be turned off. Please note, that it is not possible to issue course invoices automatically in case you’d like to approve course participants manually.
- Automatically – in this case, “Automatic approval” setting should be turned on. In this case, you’re also able to decide when the course invoice should be issued by the system.
- In case you’re using automatic approval of a participant, you can decide when to issue an automatic invoice
- At registration – in this case, a course participant will be approved automatically once he/she finishes the course registration, and the invoice will be automatically generated right away.
- On selected date – in this case, a course participant will be approved automatically once he/she finishes the course registration, but the invoice will be automatically generated on a selected date in the future. The system will calculate this date by default for you based on the earliest course date, but you’ll always be able to change it.
Additionally, we’re creating a new setting that allows choosing the default approval mechanism for each association separately. You’re able to choose if you want all your courses by default to be created with or without the “Automatic approval” setting, which option should be chosen inside (“At registration” or “On selected date”), and how many days before the course date you’d like to use to calculate the invoice date (e.g, it can be 2 weeks before the course start date, or 30 days).
- All people who will pay by card during the course registration process will be approved automatically and will get invoices automatically right away, no matter what’s chosen inside the “Automatic approval” setting.
- If you choose automatic invoice generation on a chosen date, the system will generate a bunch of invoices and group them by the invoice receiver, PO number, and reference.
- In case you choose automatic invoice generation on a chosen date, this date can’t be earlier than tomorrow. All invoices will be generated at 6 pm on a chosen date.
How to use:
- Open course card or wizard in the Back-Office or on My Page (for course leaders)
- Go inside course settings in Back-Office, or to the “Registration” tab/step on My Page. Now inside the existing “Automatic approval” setting, you’ll find the new following options:
- “When to issue automatic invoice”: “At registration” or “On selected date”. Both options are available only in case “Automatic approval” is turned on.
- “Invoice issue date” that is unlocked in case the “On selected date” option is chosen
Previously, it was possible to turn on this setting to allow people to edit their registration details before a date chosen by admin/course responsible. Now we’re removing the date from this setting. It will be possible to turn on the “Edit registration information” setting without any particular date. If the setting is on, all course participants will be able to edit registration details before they get invoiced for the activity.
Now if you generate the course automatic invoice for any course participant(s), and then credit the invoice, the “Is invoiced” column inside the list of course participants will be switched back to “No”.
Now your course leaders (Super Admins, Admins, Editors, Contributors) are able to see a short widget on the course card, “Participants” tab available for them on their My Page. The widget shows the following information:
- Number of people registered for the course (including all participants with any status except Cancelled)
- Number of approved participants (participants having status Approved or Finished)
- Number of places available for the current course (if applicable)
After launching the change, it will be possible for an association to set up a custom field for members having “file uploading” type, to set up its name, and to show it on the registration form. Additionally, it will be possible to send us a request in case you need a “file uploading” field to be required.
How to use
- To set up a file uploading field, go in Back-Office Settings – “Custom fields” part. Add a field, choose its type to be “file uploading”, mark who and where should be able to fill it in, and save changes.
While exporting an extended report from MyPage, it possible to add the participant’ level, birthdate to the report and split the name into the first and second name as in BackOffice.
While adding a participant to the course all the persons from the organization are shown on the list of persons and not the ones from the target audience.
Previously, the system automatically created the observers’ list adding all the persons from all the levels, where the Course Administrator has the extra rights for managing a course. There was no opportunity to manage persons on this list for Course Administrator from MyPage, it was possible only from BackOffice. And it could create problems with sending the Invitation email or access to the course from MyPage.
After implementing changes Course Administrator could share the course with members of all his levels or only some of them. He could apply any other filter as well for the better target.
Also, an autocomplete field by Level Name was added to simplify the process of choosing the observers. So, the course will be shared with the persons properly in cases when a Course Administrator has extra rights for a few levels.
More, we moved [Send Invitation] button to this new Observers list.
As an extension of the existing ability for turning on the Dashboard for each separate level type of your account, we’re releasing a new way of keeping the history of roles within any level. Now Choo i Skyen starts recording a separate history of roles to provide your level leaders with more opportunities in the future. Due to the GDPR, the history of roles is limited to not tracking the personal information about members. This means that in our history the system keeps track of member names only for people having any kind of position, e.g, level leaders, secretaries, etc.
Continuing extending the functionality available inside the Dashboard module, this release we’re launching an ability for a level leader to track more parameters regarding members development inside the level. Now two new parameters are available:
- Number of new members
- Number of resigned members
A new opportunity for managing participants’ information is added to the participants’ list on My Page. A Course Administrator can manage participants’ answers given to questions while registration on the course and discounts, used by participants. All the data described are available on the participant card opened after clicking on the “Registration details” link on the Course Participants List on My Page.
To make the Dashboard module even more powerful, we’re adding an ability to switch between different periods to track the trends of members’ development inside any level. Now your leaders within levels for which you decided to turn the Dashboard on, are able to change the period for the following parameters:
- “Total members”
- “New members”
- “Resigned members”
You can use this feature, e.g, to see how many new members are there in the current year and compare how many did you have in the previous year.
We got feedback from the Super Admins that sometimes it’s taking too much time to manage the existing level leaders. Relying on this feedback, we’re releasing a new ability for Person Super Admins and Person Admins to manage (add, delete, update) level leaders of the own level. Aligning with the existing ACL rules, we’re limiting this ability to the following:
- Person Super Admin is able to manage existing Person Super Admins, Admins, Editors, and Contributors (add, delete, update)
- Person Admin is able to manage existing Person Admins, Editors, and Contributors (add, delete, update)
Previously, Course Editors were limited to create only courses/activities without the registration form from My Page. Taking into account different feedback collected from our customers, we’re adding an ability for Course Editors to choose what type of course they want to create – with or without the registration form.
Aligning the ACL update with the existing logic, we’re still limiting Course Editor to the following:
- Course Editor is able to manage (change) registration form of the course for those courses created by him/her only. For any other courses (created by other users), Course Editor still has read-only access.
- Course Editor cannot create a course with payments and is still limited to creating free courses only.
To make the course creation process easier for you course leaders as well as Super Admins, we’re releasing an ability to use the gallery of the course images they can use by default.
Now it becomes possible to do the following:
- Choose how would you like to add a course image – by uploading a file manually, or by choosing the course image from the default gallery.
- If you choose the first course image from the gallery, it is possible to say that the second course image should be the same.
Additionally, we can set up the default set of images for courses just for your association. In this case, you’ll get a set of unique pictures available for your admins only. Talk to us if you’re interested in.
Previously, existing persons without a role in a company had no possibility to add a company while registration to the course. Adding a new company was available only for new members in the system.
The new functionality provides an option for a non-member to register a new company in the system as well.
- Open Registration form for a course
- Fill out the fields with the necessary information to pass the 1st and 2nd step of registration.
- Fill in the company information on the “Relations” step of the registration
- Continue the process of registration in the system.