Sprint 6 - May 17, 2021
In order to improve user experience, we’re changing the way how the system works with the bulk actions for sending out reminders from the Back-Office. Now you don’t have to wait until the real sending is over, since it can take some time. Instead, the system creates a job to send out all reminders and adds them to the sending queue. If the adding is successful, the system will show a success message to the Back-Office Admin who performed the sending.
Two new filter types are added to the “Target audience” setup of the course for course leaders on My Page. Now it becomes possible for you course leaders to set up courses that are available for registration for all people except those who have already participated in a course with a particular type or name. For this purpose, it is possible to use one of the following filters:
- “Exclude people who have already registered to the course category” with the ability to choose one or a few course categories that are in use under your organization.
- “Exclude people who have already registered to the course name” with the ability to find a particular course (one or few) searching by the course name among all courses available for the course leader. To make it easier, the system provides an autocomplete showing not just the name of the course, but also course ID making sure leaders are choosing a proper course from the list.
The change is available for all course leaders who are able to set up the “Target audience” for the course (System Course Super Admins, Course Super Admins, Course Admins, Course Editors).
Note: new filters are not available for the Back-Office. If any course has at least one of the new filters, it won’t be possible to edit “Target Audience” for this course for the Back-Office Super Admins.
To make it possible for your course leaders to set up not only the rules for who should be able to register for the course, but also for who should get course invitations, two new filters are added here as well. They are completely the same as for the “Target audience” setup.
Except for this change, we’re also making it possible to have more flexibility inside the “Tags” filter of the “Invitation audience”. Currently, tags for members are used to storing different kinds of information, which can be significant for invitation audience setup. With our last update, course leaders become possible to add more than one group of filtering inside the “Tags” filter. It means you can set up a rule under which a person should get the course invitation in case he/she has at least one tag from the first group of tags, and at least one tag from the second group of tags, etc.
How to use:
- Open a course card on My Page as a leader having at least “Course Editor” rights
- Go to the “Target Audience” tab/step of the course
- Navigate to the “Who should get the invitations” block, and choose the option “Choose group” here
- Navigate to the “Tags” filter
- A new button “Add more filters” appears under this filter – choose the necessary filters inside the filter field, and press the button
- As a result, the system opens a new field where you’re able to define the next group of filters
- Continue until you create all filter groups that you need, and save changes
In order to improve the current UI/UX experience for course leaders, we’re adding a person’s name on the card that contains participant details on My Page.
How to find:
- Open a course card on My Page (having any status except Draft)
- Navigate to the “Participants” tab
- Open one of the participants’ cards from the list to see the registration details of the participant
- On top of the card, you’ll see a person name of the participant
This release we’re improving the functionality of the Dashboard available as the extra functionality for your person’s leaders. The Dashboard currently shows up a statistic over the most important parameters allowing leaders seeing trends connected to the members development inside the level. We’re improving the following indicators:
- New members registered inside the level upon a chosen period
- Resigned members registered inside the level upon a chosen period
Before the improvement, both of the indicators had shown people having at least one role with the start date inside the chosen period. It appears that there are a lot of cases when a person might have one role (position) inside the level for a while, and then a new role (position) is assigned. In this case, before the current release, the person had been identified as the new member during the second role assignment. Now it is changed so that the member is tracked as the new member inside the level by the earliest assignment date only.
Same for resigned members – now, the date of the resignment is the latest resignment date among all member’s roles (positions) inside the level. It means if a person has 2 roles, e.g, as a regular member inside the level, and as the member of board, if he/she is resigned from the board, he/she is not tracked inside the “Resigned members” until the regular member role is resigned as well.
In order to make the way how the course leaders are able to add new course responsibles to the course smoother, we’re improving the autocomplete for course responsibles. Now it the autocomplete, your leaders are able to see not just the name and surname of the suitable person, but also the person’s email address. Making sure you’re adding the right person to the course now is easier.